You joined us in June when we launched the vision for the Jakarta Cohort. Now, we’re quickly securing teachers to train participants and local mentors to walk alongside them as they process vocation, grow deeper in their walks with Jesus, and seek to impact Jakarta. Our local Project Manager, Sarah Chow,has begun her work interviewing applicants and implementing board programming recommendations. Come October, the Jakarta Cohort will be in full swing, and we’re testing our methods in our own backyard with the Chicago Cohort launching in November. Then, we’re excited to share that Cohorts in Shanghai and Nairobi are underway for Fall 2017 launch.
Pastors and leaders around the world are seeing the need for discipleship in the workplace. They recognize the impact this key demographic can play in their churches, communities, and culture. We’re coming alongside of them to provide a depth of discipleship specific to the workplace, to raise up local leaders, teachers and social entrepreneurs for Gospel impact in their cities.
Take a Deeper Look:
So, what is a Resource Global City Cohort? It’s a group of about 20 young professionals coming together to deepen their walks with Jesus, grow in their understanding of vocation, build community and accountability, and in the end, restore their cities with the Gospel. This is accomplished through the following four initiatives:
- Teaching & Training by Professionals & Ministry Leaders: Monthly training for eight months in contextualized topics, such as Leadership, Profit & Ambition, and Calling & Vocation, with two sessions dedicated to Bible exposition.
- Discipleship by Local Leaders: One-on-one discipleship with local leaders to further process and apply what they learn
- Quarterly In-person Meetings at Local Leaders’ Homes: Intimate group meetings to deepen the local network, build community and accountability, and hear stories of integrating faith & work from local marketplace leaders
- Retreat with Global Network: Hands-on training with other City Cohorts to see faith & work in action, and be inspired by other Christ-followers who are practically living this out around the world
As these 20 young professionals engage in these offerings, we’re working towards and trusting God for the following results:
- Spiritual Growth & Multiplication – Participants will become rooted in Biblical principles and apply teaching to their walks with God. They will disciple others and become mentors for future City Cohorts. All 20 individuals will mentor others, while six will be trained in Bible teaching.
- Vocational Understanding & Application – All participants will understand how to apply their faith to their work, and discern what opportunities and skills God has uniquely provided to them for Gospel impact in their cities.
- Collaborate with Global Network – All participants will participate with other City Cohorts in global learning environments, and encourage the Global Church in their walks with God, pursuit of vocational understanding and city impact.
- Restore their City – All participants will become leaders and offer their skills & training to their context – for the good of their workplace, church, or local nonprofits to impact the city. Specifically, we aim to see three participants identified and supplementally trained in social entrepreneurship.
$75/month provides discipleship for an individual. If you would like to give towards City Cohorts, please click here. If you would like to learn more about City Cohorts, we’d love to talk with you. Please email us at email@example.com.